domenica 2 giugno 2013

Showcase Sunday #21


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Book, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bough in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week.

           
Hi Peeps! What an amazing Sunday! I am lazily laying on my bed and I do not think I will be leaving it any time soon, because it is the first Sunday in years that I am actually not working nor studying (almost, have to do some researches, but it's fine). So I am really really happy and this week I also got some great titles at good prices, could I ask for more? First, you have to know that this month there was a kind of festival in Italy, the Book's Festival, and all the major bookshops in Italy have reduced prices, also for the latest books! Thanks to this I have bought The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda for almost 12 euro, instead of 15 and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens for 2.80 euro instead of 3.50. I am really enthusiastic for both titles because I love the sound of The Hunt, it really seems my cup of tea and well, I do love A Tale of Two Cities since the day I finished Clockwork Princess and now I just have to understand the relation between the characters of Dickens and those of Cassandra Clare! The last book, from Philippa Gregory, The Constant Princess, is simply gorgeous, the cover is amazing and yes, I have been completely bewitched by it. I really like historical romances and she seem to be quite popular, so I decided to give it a try, also because I loved The Other Boleyn Girl's film.
At least, don't forget to enter the giveaway of my blogoversary celebration! It's so important for me and I worked hard to organize all the posts so if you've missed some of them, please take a look here:





eBooks





 What did you find in your mailbox?

4 commenti:

  1. The Hunt looks so very good, I need to get my hands on a copy as well. Great haul, some great titles. :)

    Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by :D

    RispondiElimina
  2. Great haul this week, The Hunt sounds interesting and I will have to check out some of the other books,

    Check out my haul

    RispondiElimina
  3. Nice haul! I haven't read A Tale of Two Cities, but because of Infernal Devices, I kind of want to read it, too. I've been wanting to get into some classics. :)

    My SS: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/06/showcase-sunday-4.html

    RispondiElimina
  4. Oh, my THE WATCHER has a gorgeous cover!

    RispondiElimina

 
Images by Freepik