mercoledì 28 novembre 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #5



So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

The Iron Daughter
Iron Fey #2


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Well, I've read The Iron King about a month and a half ago and, even if a lot of you have really liked it, I was a bit disappointed by how it didn't caught me at all; I mean it was not that bad but I had way too high expectations for it, maybe. Nevertheless, I've heard that the story gets better in the sequel so I'm really curious about what will happen! I really hope the Iron Daughter will surpise me more than the first book in the series.
Have you already read The Iron Daughter? Do you think it was better than the first?

15 commenti:

  1. I am not familiar with these books but that is one pretty cover.
    Thanks for sharing and I hope this book will not disappoint you.

    My WW

    RispondiElimina
  2. I've read the Iron King, but it's on my TBR list. I'm always nervous about books when they've been hyped up - will they live up to my expectations? ;) Hopefully it gets better and doesn't disappoint. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WW .

    Brandy
    (new follower... :) )

    RispondiElimina
  3. I have not read any of the Iron Fey series yet but they sound good and I love the covers. I hate it when I have high expectations for something and it fails to meet them. Hopefully you will like the second book better.

    Here's my WW

    RispondiElimina
  4. I really need to read this series! Hope you get it.

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-5.html

    RispondiElimina
  5. Awwww cute books!! I liked these a lot! They aren't the best ever, but they're fun and VERY fast. I hope you get to them soon! :)

    My WW - http://yearningtoread.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-8-pretty-sly.html

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. So hopefully they'll get better, true?! Thanks for encouraging me :)

      Elimina
  6. I got these books not long ago, hopefully they won't disappoint ;)

    Hope you get it soon :)

    My WW

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I hope you'll like them more than I did - hopefully they say that they get better :)

      Elimina
  7. I love this series. The first book wasn't my favorite either. But they get better with each book. The Iron Knight was my favorite, followed closely by The Lost Prince. Hope you enjoy them!

    My WW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-4-crush.html

    RispondiElimina
  8. I keep hearing about this series, but you don't sound very enthusiastic about the first one! I'm so reluctant to get involved in any more series -- maybe I'll wait on this one to see how you like #2.

    Lisa
    My WW

    RispondiElimina
  9. I haven't read any of this series yet! I know, I'm bad. hope it gets better for you.

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-17_28.html

    RispondiElimina
  10. I haven't read any of Kagawa's stuff, so I really can't say...

    RispondiElimina

 
Images by Freepik