venerdì 28 dicembre 2012

Feature and Follow #6



Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 

Today's question

What book do you think everyone should read? If you could gift the entire population with one book?

Mmm, I have so many books I wish I could gift to the entire population!! Well, I'll name my first three favourites:
- The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde, I think one of my favourite books ever; it is beautifully written, full of inspirational quotes but above all I think it talks about something very important.. the thirst for pleasure. Dorian is so focused on experiencing everything his life has to offer that he doesn't care about sacrificing his soul to the devil; but will  pleasure make him really happy in the end? I think you can imagine the answer. (But I love Dorian, in any case *w*)
- The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon; if you haven't read anything from this author yet, you definitely should start with this. I've read it a couple of years ago and it was probably the first challenging book I've started. It was AWESOME! The entire story was well-developed and the finale was totally unexpected and beautiful! I particulary loved the beginning because the author wrote some beautiful sentences about the power of books. *lovelovelove*
- The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini; Historical romances are absolutely one of the genres I prefer reading but, usually, I read about courts and scandalous kings/queens. I'm very sensitive about wars and the pain they caused, and from the moment I started reading this book I knew it would completely upset me. I think this is one of the many books people should read to know what we have (partially) caused to other people, just like us, because of our prejudice or our thirst for power and more power.



Also, I wanted to wish you all the best for the new year, that is coming.
I hope that this 2013 will bring you lot of happiness, joy but above all
a lot of good books to read! ^^

 P.S I know I'm not posting many reviews lately but I have to read 3 super-boring books
for school that are completely destroying my desire to read! D:

13 commenti:

  1. Hmm I haven't read any of those. Guess I should check them out! Great choice :)

    Here's my FF!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you for stopping by Jessica, I visited back!
      And yes, you definitely should check them, they are all wonderful!

      Elimina
  2. Ohhh, The Kite Runner...great pick! Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns? It was awesome, as well - and I've heard that Khaled Hosseini got another book coming in 2013!

    I'm a new follower!

    Bree @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. No, I haven't. But I've heard it's great; I will definitely pick it up as soon as I have some free time. A new book?! That's a great news! ^^

      Elimina
  3. Haven't read any of these but they look really intriguing!

    New GFC follower. :D

    Here's my #FF.

    RispondiElimina
  4. I actually haven't read any of these books before. I've heard amazing things about The Kite Runner though and the cover is absolutely gorgeous. Great picks. ;)

    I'm a new follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes, it really is an amazing book :)
      Thank you for following!

      Elimina
  5. Hi, from a new GFC follower.

    This meme is such a great way to find new blogs to follow! :)

    I haven't read these titles yet, but I'll add them to my list!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you for the follow, Sue!
      I'm so glad you came up to my blog :)

      Elimina
  6. I really need to read The picture of Dorian Gray, I love the concept :)

    F&F from Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yep, you have to!
      I felk in love with both the book and the movie *w* ( Ben Barnes-Prince Caspian was basically the main reason why I picked up the book LOL)

      Elimina
  7. Hi ..
    Just stopping by for the feature and follow friday hop..

    Following you, feel free to follow me as well at the link below. :-)

    BookShelves Of Dreams

    RispondiElimina

 
Images by Freepik